WP EZ Setup
Table of Contents
WP EZ Setup is a very useful plugin that helps the user in the initial phase of the WordPress setup process. Instead of having to change from menu screen to menu screen, you setup in a step-by-step process.
Here is a list of some of the tasks that can be accomplished by the plugin:
1. Install and activate a theme
2. Install and activate a plugin(s)
3. Add initial posts
4. Add Post Categories
5. Add initial pages
6. Delete unwanted content
7. Setup Permalink Structure
And many more configurations.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We HIGHLY RECOMMEND you do NOT use this plugin on an established site. It will duplicate content and you will end up with double content!
It is recommended that you test the plugin on a site will no content until you fully understand the features. You have been warned…
To use the plugin, please follow the steps outlined below.
1. Access the WP EZ Setup menu located at the sidebar of the WordPress Admin Dashboard as shown below. Then click on the Launcher menu item.
The Launcher Panel then shows up where you can set various options and setting that will help you set the stage for the initial setup that you want to see in your website. These options are divided into seven stages, as follows.
At this stage, you have the option to delete a variety of default contents that were automatically created by the WordPres System the first time you install it.
1. Delete "Hello World!" post – Removes the all too familiar default WordPress post entitled "Hello World!".
2. Delete "Hello World!" comment – Removes the default comment associate with the post in #1.
3. Delete "Sample Page" page -- Removes the default WordPress page with the title "Sample Page".
4. Delete all posts – Deletes all existing posts.
5. Delete all pages – Deletes all existing pages.
6. Delete all comments – Deletes all existing comments.
7. Delete all categories and tags – Deletes all categories and tags.
8. Delete all media -- Deletes all media library data such as pictures, video, etc.
9. Delete Unwated Sidebar Widgets -- Deletes all sidebar widgets.
10. Delete Recent Posts widget -- Deletes the recent posts widget.
11. Delete Recent Comments widget -- Deletes the recent comments widget.
12. Delete Archive widget -- Deletes the archive widget.
13. Delete Categories widget -- Deletes all category list widget.
14. Delete Search widget -- Deletes the search form widget.
15. Delete Meta widget -- Deletes all meta widget.
16. Delete all sidebar widgets -- Deletes all sidebar widgets
This stage allows you to set the active theme of the website either by uploading one or selecting from the ones that are already installed in the system.
1. Upload the theme files – There are two methods of uploading a new theme, namely: (a) to upload the theme files directly, or (b) by entering the URL of the WordPress theme.
Each theme files that you upload will then be automatically registered to the themes list at the right.
2. Choose a theme -- Through the theme list on the right, you can choose one of the themes that will be used.
At this stage you can do two things…
1. Upload plugin – There are two methods of uploading a WordPress plugin, namely: (a) to upload the plugin file directly, (b) or by entering the URL of the WordPress plugin.
Every plugin file uploaded and will be automatically registered to the Plugins list at the right.
2. Selecting plugins -- Through the plugins list at the right, you can select some of the plugins you want to activate on your website.
At this stage you can add multiple pages to be used on your website. To add a page, simply enter the titles to the Text List at the left of the form. Each title should be place in a single line.
After you add a page, the new page will be listed on the right. You can then change the title or content of each page by clicking on the pencil icon at the right.
When you click on the Edit Button (with Pencil Icon), a popup window will display, which then allows you to edit the details of the page.
Once you are done updating the content, please click on the Save the Change button to commit the changes to the database.
At this stage you can add multiple categories to be used in your website. To add a category, please use the form on the left. In the provided text input, just fill in the name of the category that you want to add. You can enter multiple categories with each row corresponding to one category name.
After adding a category, then your new category will be listed on the right. If you don’t want to include a particular category, simplt unchek the checkbox input of that category.
At this stage you can add posts that will be used in your website. Please use the form on the left, to add a post. Each post title corresponds to a single line in the text box.
After adding the post, your new post will be listed on the right. After this you can also change or add a title and post content or specify categories with links to the right.
Clicking the edit button will display a popup of form which allows you to edit the content of the post.
Once you are done with the changes, simply click on the Save the Change button to save the changes.
You simply close the popup window if you decide not to save the data.
At this stage you can set some basic options provided by WordPress, among them are the following:
1. Blog Title -- Option to set the title of the blog.
2. Blog Description -- The option to change the description of the blog.
1. Active Permalink -- The option to set whether to activate the permalink.
2. Permalink Structure -- The option to change the permalink structure.
1. Turn off "email me when a anyone posts a comment" -- You can check this option if you want to turn off email notifications when someone submits its comments to the post / page you.
2. Turn off "email me when a comment is held in moderation" -- You can check this option if you want to turn off email notifications when someone submit it comments to the post / page to you.
FRONT PAGE DISPLAY
This section is to set various content options at the front page of the website. You can specify whether the page will display the most recent post or display the content of a page.
If you set the Static Page option, you can then select a page that will be served to the front page.
This section contains options to set the list of posts, including:
1. Number of posts to show -- This option sets the number of posts to be displayed.
2. For each post in a feed, show. -- This option sets the type of content that will be displayed in the post feed.
Now it is time to finish up, but HIGHLY recommend you save your settings file BEFORE CLICKING THE FINISH BUTTON:
You can load a previously saved configuration file using the Import menu.
If you are looking for top notch web hosting for your WordPress or any site, PLUS one of the best hosting communities on the net – look no further!
Visit Web Hosting Recon.